Registry is very Delicate and at the same time very very important part of computer, whenever you try to modify registry:
-Be very much precise and very much accurate
-Take extra care as very small mistake by you which you wouldn’t even remember may lead to serious problem.
It is strongly recommended to Export or save your registry entries before modifying it.
What to do?
-Just Follow these simple steps (accurately)
1) Open Registry editor
Start -> Run -> Regedit -> Enter (allow if asks for permission)
2) In Menu bar Go to:
File -> Export
3) In File name, give name of the registry file(which will remind you its use)
4) Under Export Range, do one of the following:
– To back up the entire registry, click All (done once for taking entire backup)
– To back up only a particular branch of the registry tree, click Selected branch and enter the name of the branch you want to export (By Default, the branch selected by you in registry window will reflect here)
5) Click Save
Warning: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. We cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
How to import a Registry key?
– In Windows Explorer, double-click the Saved Registry file(.reg extension)
– This will import the file into the computer’s registry