- Clone Creates a Duplicate copy of Virtual Machine.
- Clone is used for Backup, R&D and to create Multiple Virtual Machines.
- Clone requires equal amount of space in the data store.
- A cloned VM will have same IP address and SID (Secure Identification)
- we have change them before bringing them in to the network.
- Its a Master copy of a Virtual Machine.
- The main use of template is to create multiple Virtual Machines.
- it creates .vmtx file
- template cannot be powered on.
- Snapshot captures the entire state of the VM when we take snapshot.
- Like settings, Disk, and the Memory.
- Snapshot lets you to reserve the state of VM, So that we can return back to the particular state.
- It is used for testing and upgrading of a VM application and the changes we have done.