- 2 or more drives
- Easy & low cost to implement via software or hardware.
- Perfect For: Videographers or anyone needing performance and/or space above all else.
Data is alternately distributed in blocks across each drive to provide speed increases.As one drive is working on one data block, the next drive is receiving the next data block to work on.
- Total storage space is the capacity of all the drives combined.
- If one drive in the array fails, all of the data is lost.
- ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP!!! RAID 0 is susceptible, but it is okay as long as a backup copy is kept!