- Increased speed and size, but also benefit from redundancy.
- Array shows up as 1 logical volume on your desktop.
Anyone wanting the speed and large capacity of striping, but the safety/protection of mirroring.
- Store music, photos, videos
- Anything that takes time to create
- Anything that is difficult to replace
- Anyone needing faster data rates
- Essentially using both RAID 0 & RAID 1 arrays together.
- Apple’s Disk Utility and SoftRAID® can do RAID 0+1 & RAID 10 as well as hardware RAID systems.